An exciting and rare opportunity to lease a small, well-presented equestrian unit close to the village of Oxton and the A68.
• Barn with five integral stables, wash bay, storage, tack room and WC.
• Small grazing paddock extending to 0.31 hectares (0.77 acres).
• For lease as a whole
• 0.50 Hectares (1.25 acres) in total
The property is located 0.8 miles to the northeast of Oxton village in the central Scottish Borders. This location is well placed adjacent to the A68, allowing for easy access to the larger Border town of Lauder (5 miles) and is within reach of Pathhead (10 miles) and Edinburgh (22 miles). The unclassified public road to the east of the stables provides links to miles of endless hacking routes across the Lauderdale hills.
Annefield stables is a standalone, compact equestrian unit which has been purposed built and is very well presented. The property is ring-fenced with recently erected entrance gate pillars and a timber access gate leading to a large gravel parking and turning area. Adjacent to the parking area is a large purpose-built barn with stabling and a well-fenced grazing paddock.
The property is offered for personal use only ((not commercial use unless agreed with Landlord and the Tenant can obtain planning permission at their sole expense) for a maximum of 5 horses/ponies with responsible and managed turnout to minimise damage to the grazing field. The proposed term is an initial period of 12 months with the option to extend for a further period of up to 3 years, subject to satisfactory references.
A deposit will be payable in the sum of two months' rent to be payable no later than 3 days prior to the commencement of the tenancy.
There is a single barn (14.5m 11.3m approx.) of steel frame construction with external profile metal sheet cladding and roof covering. Access to the barn is provided by sliding doors to both the front and rear elevations. Internally the barn has a concrete floor and includes a central access passage with a drain. There are five Monarch stables, all (3.6m x 3.6) approx. and with rubber floor matting. In addition, there is a storage bay (4.0 x 4.0m approx.) with wall-mounted rug rail; wash bay (3.5m x 2.3m); kitchen/tack room (3.6m x 3.5m) and WC (3.5m x 1.2m).
The property includes a small grazing field extending to approximately 0.31 hectares (0.77 acres) which benefits from stock-proof fencing and a water trough.
The property benefits from mains water and electricity and a private septic tank. All outgoings in respect of services will be recharged to the occupant.
Access is currently taken via a short section of private road taken from the unclassified public road accessed directly from the A68.
BASIC PAYMENT SCHEME
The land is leased exclusive of basic payment scheme entitlements.
DATE OF ENTRY
By mutual agreement.
Strictly by appointment with the Agents. Caution should be taken when taking access considering that this is a rural property.
REFERENCES & MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS
The ingoing tenant will be required to provide references and proof of identification to comply with Money Laundering Regulations.
GUIDE TO INTERESTED PARTIES
Whilst we use our best endeavours to make our details accurate and reliable, please contact us if there is any point, which you wish to clarify. These were prepared in March 2023.
FBR, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1. They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either in writing or by word of mouth. Any information given is entirely without responsibility on the part of the agents or the landlord. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive and it should not be assumed that the property remains as photographed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the lease, or entitle any party to compensation or recourse to action at law. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents, including for its current use. FBRSeed have not tested any services, equipment, or facilities. Perspective tenants must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise and ought to seek their own professional advice.
3. All descriptions or references to condition are given in good faith only. Whilst every endeavour is made to ensure accuracy, please check with us on any points of especial importance to you, especially if intending to travel some distance. No responsibility can be accepted for expenses incurred in inspecting properties which have been let or withdrawn.
4. Anti-Money Laundering Regulation. The tenant will be required to provide proof of ID to comply with anti-money laundering regulation.