Edzell – 3.5 miles, Aberdeen - 41 miles, Dundee – 37.5 miles (distances approx.)
An exciting opportunity to acquire a charming country property set in a peaceful location at the foot of Glenesk within just a few miles from the popular village of Edzell.
• Traditional detached house with far reaching countryside views.
• Private setting with no immediate neighbours.
• Scope for upgrade and redevelopment.
• Traditional buildings with potential for conversion to residential use.
• Generous garden and driveway with the site extending to approximately 0.51 hectares (1.27 acres) in total.
• Fantastic principal residence or holiday home.
FOR SALE AS A WHOLE
Council Tax Band: D
EPC Band: F
Hallhill is a real hidden gem, set at the foot of the Angus Glens just three miles from the popular village of Edzell. This idyllic location offers the perfect blend of countryside living yet is easily accessible. The property is almost equidistant from Dundee (37.5 miles) and Aberdeen (41miles) making it an ideal location for commuters. Edzell is an attractive village with a thriving community and includes a wide range of services for a village of this size including a primary school, doctor’s surgery, hotel with leisure facilities, golf course, bowling club, popular public house, chemist and a small range of shops and coffee shops. The surrounding area is renowned for its beauty and fantastic walks on the Coast and in the Glens. The location at Hallhill is ideal for those wishing to live a country life yet be just a short drive from the city, it truly does allow for the best of both worlds.
The postcode for satellite navigation is DD9 7XT.
Halhill is a charming detached house set over two floors. The property is of traditional construction, externally rendered and painted white. It sits in an elevated position with super views southeast over the surrounding countryside towards the mearns. The property has been occupied by the current owners for over thirty years and has been well loved during this time. The property could benefit from some modernisation and provides scope for redevelopment or extension to create a larger family home. The current accommodation comprises:
Ground Floor – Entrance Hallway; Living room; Lounge; Kitchen/ breakfast room with walk-in pantry.
First Floor – 3 Bedrooms and Bathroom.
The garden is southeast facing and enclosed by a stone wall bounding the fields and road.
The house has an EPC rating F.
Council Tax Band
The house has a council tax band D.
The property includes a range of traditional buildings and a former sheep shed located to the north and east of the farmhouse. The traditional buildings are located immediately to the north of the house providing a wonderful, enclosed courtyard with ample parking for several vehicles. The buildings are single storey and constructed of traditional stone with a combination of slate, profile metal sheet and asbestos cement sheet roof coverings. The buildings have an approximate footprint of 391sq.m (GEA). These attractive buildings require some upgrade but could offer scope for alternative uses such as conversion to residential units or creation of one larger home or holiday accommodation or even a home office/games/gym (subject to obtaining planning permission). The former sheep shed (29.8m x 14m) comprises a pole barn with corrugated iron sheet cladding and roof covering with earth floor. Despite the building nearing the end of its useful life it currently provides a large area of extremely useful, dry storage. Should the building be removed, there could be scope for re-development of the site (subject to obtaining planning permission).
Access to the site is currently taken directly from the public road.
It is assumed that all mutual boundaries are maintained equally.
The site is currently served by mains water, electricity and private
Plans, Areas and Schedules
These are based on the Ordnance Survey and are for reference only. They have been carefully checked and computed by the selling agents and the purchaser shall be deemed to have satisfied himself as to the description of the property and any error or mis-statement shall not annul the sale nor entitle either party to compensation in respect thereof. Viewing By strict appointment with the Selling Agents.
Strictly by appointment with the Selling Agents.
Health & Safety
For your own personal safety please be aware of potential hazards within the properties when viewing.
A deposit of 10% of the purchase price will be payable on conclusion of missives. This will be non-refundable in the event of the transaction failing to reach completion for reasons not attributable to the vendors or their agents. Date of Entry By mutual agreement.
A closing date may be fixed. Prospective purchasers who have notified their interest through solicitors to the selling agents, in writing, will be advised of any closing date, unless the property has been sold previously. The seller is not bound to accept the highest or any offer, or to go to a closing date.
Formal offers, in the acceptable Scottish form should be submitted, along with the relevant money laundering paperwork in accordance with The Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing and Transfer of Funds (Information on the Payer) Regulations 2017, through a Scottish Solicitor, to the Selling Agent. Third Party Rights and Servitudes The subjects are sold together with and subject to all existing rights of way, servitudes, wayleaves and others, whether contained in the Title Deeds or otherwise, and purchasers will be deemed to have satisfied themselves in all respects thereof.
Third Party Rights and Servitudes
The subjects are sold together with and subject to all existing rights of way, servitudes, wayleaves and others, whether contained in the Title Deeds or otherwise, and purchasers will be deemed to have satisfied themselves in all respects thereof.
FBRSeed, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1. They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either in writing or by word of mouth. Any information given is entirely without responsibility on the part of the agents or the sellers. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive and it should not be assumed that the property remains as photographed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale, or entitle any party to compensation or recourse to action at law. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents, including for its current use. FBRSeed have not tested any services, equipment, or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise and ought to seek their own professional advice.
3. All descriptions or references to condition are given in good faith only. Whilst every endeavour is made to ensure accuracy, please check with us on any points of especial importance to you, especially if intending to travel some distance. No responsibility can be accepted for expenses incurred in inspecting properties which have been sold or withdrawn.
4. Anti-Money Laundering Regulation. The purchaser will be required to provide proof of ID in order to comply with anti-money laundering regulation. These Particulars were produced August 2023.
Edzell DD9 7XT