Kelso (8 miles), Berwick upon Tweed (25 miles) Edinburgh (52 miles)
Closing date Thursday 23rd June 2022 at 12 noon
A very attractive mid-terrace former farm cottage set in a wonderful countryside location within walking distance of the popular rural village of Morebattle and with the most outstanding, unrestricted views across surrounding farmland towards the Eildon Hills.
Open Viewing Sunday 5th June 2022 between 1 pm & 3 pm.
• Scope for upgrade and extension
• Unique opportunity to create a fantastic home or holiday cottage
• Sought after rural location
• Large garden
No.3 Morebattle Mains Farm Cottages lies just to south of Morebattle village. Morebattle is an attractive village surrounded by rolling farmland approximately 8 miles from Kelso in the heart of the Scottish Borders. The village benefits from a small selection of shops, hotel, and well-regarded primary school. Kelso offers a much wider range of shops, restaurants, leisure facilities and secondary school. The area is perfect for those interested in country living with hill walking, horse riding, shooting, and fishing on your doorstop. Edinburgh and Newcastle are both within approximately 90 minutes’ drive making this a fabulous location for either a permanent residence or a holiday cottage.
For directions please use the postcode TD5 8QU or what3words /// conductor.briefer.cuff.
This property comprises a traditional stone and slate mid terrace cottage with lots of original character. It is now in need of some upgrade but affords a wonderful opportunity to create a charming country home. The cottage benefits from outstanding views to the front and has a good size garden to the rear. There is a communal driveway to the rear garden and parking for two cars will be permitted on a non allocated basis subject to the purchaser being liable for a share of future maintenance costs allocated on a user basis.
The cottage has the following accommodation set over two floors:
Ground Floor – Entrance hallway; Lounge; Sitting room/Bedroom 3 Kitchen; bathroom.
First Floor – Two bedrooms.
Scottish Borders Council, Council Headquarters, Newtown St Boswells, TD6 0SA. Tel: 01835 824000.
The cottage within the site benefits from mains water, mains electricity, electric heating, and private drainage to shared septic tank. These services have not been tested and therefore there is no warranty from the agents.
Council Tax Band B.
RIGHTS & EASEMENTS
The property is sold subject to and with the benefit of all rights of way, whether public or private, and any existing or proposed wayleaves, easements, servitude rights, restrictions and burdens of whatever kind, whether referred to in these particulars or not. The Purchasers will be held to have satisfied themselves on all such matters.
There will be several shared rights and responsibilities which will be agreed at the point of sale, but which may include:
• A share in the cost of maintaining the access track and parking area to the rear of the property.
• A share in the cost of maintaining mutual boundary fences.
• A share in the cost of maintaining the septic tank.
PLANS, AREAS AND SCHEDULES
These are based on the Ordnance Survey and are for reference only. They have been carefully checked and computed by the selling agents and the purchaser shall be deemed to have satisfied themselves as to the description of the property and any error or mis-statement shall not annul the sale nor entitle either party to compensation in respect thereof.
METHOD OF SALE
The property is offered for sale as a whole or within two separate lots with Vacant Possession by Private Treaty and with entry by arrangement between the parties. A closing date for offers may be fixed and all interested parties are advised to register their interest with the Selling Agents.
SOLE SELLING AGENT
FBRSeed, Rose Lane, Kelso, TD5 7AP.
If you wish to make an offer for this property or would like us to inform you of a closing date for offers, it is important that you notify us in writing of your interest. Offers should be made in Scottish Legal form and addressed to the Selling Agents. The Seller shall not be bound to accept the highest or indeed any offer. VIEWING Strictly by appointment with the Selling Agents.
HEALTH & SAFETY
For your own personal safety please be aware of potential hazards within the property when viewing.
DATE OF ENTRY
By mutual agreement
GUIDE TO INTERESTED PARTIES
Whilst we use our best endeavours to make our sales details accurate and reliable, please contact us if there is any point, which you wish to clarify. We will be pleased to check this information for you, particularly if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property. These were prepared in May 2022.
FBRSeed, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1. They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either in writing or by word of mouth. Any information given is entirely without responsibility on the part of the agents or the sellers. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive and it should not be assumed that the property remains as photographed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale, or entitle any party to compensation or recourse to action at law. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents, including for its current use. FBRSeed have not tested any services, equipment, or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise and ought to seek their own professional advice.
3. All descriptions or references to conditions are given in good faith only. Whilst every endeavour is made to ensure accuracy, please check with us on any points of especial importance to you, especially if intending to travel some distance. No responsibility can be accepted for expenses incurred in inspecting properties which have been sold or withdrawn.
4. Anti-Money Laundering Regulation. The purchaser will be required to provide proof of ID to comply with anti-money laundering regulations.
No. 3 Morebattle Mains Cottage No.
Morebattle Kelso TD5 8QU