Duns (7.5 miles) • Haddington (17.5 miles) • Edinburgh (37 miles)
UNDER OFFERA large plot which includes a traditional stone cottage and benefits from planning permission for demolition and replacement with a new build house set within a lovely rural village.
Longformacus lies in the heart of The Lammermuir Hills, seven miles north of Duns, approximately 37 miles from Edinburgh and 17.5 miles to Haddington. The village is highly sought after with a well-established and thriving community. The surrounding countryside has the most wonderful views across the Lammermuir Hills. Nearby Duns is a thriving County Town and includes an 18 hole golf course, swimming pool, shops and both Primary and Secondary schooling. Longformacus is ideally located for those interested in country pursuits with hill walking, horse riding, shooting, and fishing on your doorstop. Edinburgh is within comfortable commuting distance allowing for accessible country living.
For directions please use the postcode TD11 3PE or what3words ///yards.earphones.agency.
This property comprises a large plot that extends to 0.2ha (0.5 acres) and includes the Old Post Office cottage. The cottage is a detached property constructed of traditional stone and slate with lots of original character. It is now in need of complete renovation or if preferred by the purchaser, demolition and replacement with a new build property positioned more centrally within the site. This is an extremely exciting and rarely available renovation opportunity or self-build project to create a fantastic home in a lovely village with a very large plot easily accessed from the public road and with services on site.
The Old Post Office has the following accommodation set over two floors: Ground Floor – Entrance hallway; Lounge; Kitchen; bathroom. First Floor – Two bedrooms.
Planning permission has been granted for demolition of the existing cottage and development of a new house more centrally positioned within the plot. The permission is subject to conditions. Full details can be found on the Scottish Borders planning portal under reference 20/01141/PPP. MINERAL RIGHTS Insofar as these rights form part of the property title they are included with the sale. Further details are available from the Selling Agents.
Scottish Borders Council, Council Headquarters, Newtown St Boswells, TD6 0SA. Tel: 01835 824000.
Roads: Scottish Borders Council Roads Department, Council Headquarters, Newtown St Boswells, TD6 0SA. Tel: 01835 824000.
Servicing: Scottish Environmental Protection Agency (SEPA), Burnbrae, Mossilee Road, Galashiels, TD1 1NF Tel: 01896 754797.
Scottish Power: Riccarton Mains Road, Currie, Edinburgh, EH14 5AA.
The cottage within the site benefits from mains water, mains electricity, electric heating, and mains drainage. These services have not been tested and therefore there is no warranty from the agents.
Council tax is presently not paid in respect of the cottage which is currently classed as uninhabitable.
RIGHTS & EASEMENTS
The property is sold subject to and with the benefit of all rights of way, whether public or private, and any existing or proposed wayleaves, easements, servitude rights, restrictions and burdens of whatever kind, whether referred to in these particulars or not. The Purchasers will be held to have satisfied themselves on all such matters.
There will be several shared rights and responsibilities which will be agreed at the point of sale, but which may include:
• A share in the cost of erecting and maintaining mutual boundary fences.
The sale will be subject to a clawback clause entitling the vendor to 50% of the uplift in value of the site for any development in addition to one single dwelling on the site for a period of 20 years. Further details are available from the Selling Agent.
PLANS, AREAS AND SCHEDULES
These are based on the Ordnance Survey and are for reference only. They have been carefully checked and computed by the selling agents and the purchaser shall be deemed to have satisfied themselves as to the description of the property and any error or mis-statement shall not annul the sale nor entitle either party to compensation in respect thereof.
METHOD OF SALE
The property is offered for sale as a whole or within two separate lots with Vacant Possession by Private Treaty and with entry by arrangement between the parties. A closing date for offers may be fixed and all interested parties are advised to register their interest with the Selling Agents.
SOLE SELLING AGENT
FBRSeed, Rose Lane, Kelso, TD5 7AP.
If you wish to make an offer for this property or would like us to inform you of a closing date for offers, it is important that you notify us in writing of your interest. Offers should be made in Scottish Legal form and addressed to the Selling Agents. The Seller shall not be bound to accept the highest or indeed any offer.
Strictly by appointment with the Selling Agents.
HEALTH & SAFETY
For your own personal safety please be aware of potential hazards within the property when viewing.
DATE OF ENTRY
By mutual agreement
GUIDE TO INTERESTED PARTIES
Whilst we use our best endeavours to make our sales details accurate and reliable, please contact us if there is any point, which you wish to clarify. We will be pleased to check this information for you, particularly if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property. These were prepared in January 2022.
FBRSeed, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1. They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either in writing or by word of mouth. Any information given is entirely without responsibility on the part of the agents or the sellers. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive and it should not be assumed that the property remains as photographed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale, or entitle any party to compensation or recourse to action at law. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents, including for its current use. FBRSeed have not tested any services, equipment, or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise and ought to seek their own professional advice.
3. All descriptions or references to condition are given in good faith only. Whilst every endeavour is made to ensure accuracy, please check with us on any points of especial importance to you, especially if intending to travel some distance. No responsibility can be accepted for expenses incurred in inspecting properties which have been sold or withdrawn.
4. Anti-Money Laundering Regulation. The purchaser will be required to provide proof of ID to comply with anti-money laundering regulation.
Old Post Office
Gifford Road Longformacus TD11 3PE