TWO RESIDENTIAL PLOTS AT COTHILL, DUNS, BERWICKSHIRE, TD10 6YW
Duns 5 miles, Kelso 13.5 miles, Berwick upon Tweed 18 miles, Edinburgh 44 miles (Distances approximate)
Two exceptional, rarely available building plots set in a fantastic rural location with outstanding views and each benefiting from planning permission in principle to construct a detached dwelling.
• Very accessible rural location within easy reach of the A68 and A1.
• Within commuting distance of Edinburgh
• Water and electric connections nearby
• Planning Ref: 19/01522/PPP
• Sizeable plots
For Sale as a Whole or Individually:
Plot 1 (outlined blue on plan) – 0.15 ha (0.37 acres) - £135,000 - UNDER OFFER
Plot 2 (outlined red on plan) – 0.19 ha (0.46 acres) - £135,000 - UNDER OFFER
As Whole - £270,000
Cothill is a small settlement to the south west of Duns in the heart of Berwickshire. This peaceful rural setting has the most wonderful views across rolling farmland and woodlands of the Blackadder Valley. Duns is the county town of Berwickshire and has a good range of shops and local services, both primary and secondary schooling and a sports centre. Berwick upon Tweed, Kelso and Melrose with the Borders Railway link are all within 30 minutes’ drive whilst Reston train station is also due to open once again in the near future. The Scottish Borders is an excellent place to live if you enjoy the outdoor life. The region is Scotland’s leading cycling destination, has excellent walks including the Southern Upland Way and Berwickshire Coastal Path, Some of the best golf courses in Scotland, a national hunt race track at Kelso, world class fishing on the River Tweed and endless opportunities for Pheasant and Grouse shooting and horse riding. The area is also steeped in history with attractions including Kelso Abbey, Melrose Abbey, Thirlestane Castle, Mellerstain House, Floors Castle, Bowhill (the family home of the Duke of Buccleuch), and Manderston House.
From Edinburgh, head south on the A68, turning off at Carfraemill onto the A697 to Greenlaw. In Greenlaw turn left onto the A6105 towards Duns. After about 4 miles turn right following the signposting to Polwarth and continue on this road over the bridge. Turn left at the top of the hill onto the lane heading east. The plots are located on the left upon the site of a former sheep shed.
The plots are located to the north east of an existing small settlement. The site currently accommodates a former sheep shed which will be removed by the Vendor within 3 months of completion of sale. The surrounding dwellings are all highly aesthetic and individually designed which could provide scope for greater flexibility in the detailed plans for the subject house plots. The plots benefit from wonderful outlooks over the surrounding countryside and are both of a generous size: Plot 1 (outlined blue on plan) – 0.15 ha (0.37 acres) Plot 2 (outlined red on plan) – 0.19 ha (0.46 acres)
Each plot has planning permission in principle for a single dwelling house with associated works and landscaping. Further details on the planning permission can be seen on Scottish Borders Council’s planning website. The planning reference is 19/01522/PPP.
Planning permission has been granted subject to a Section 75 Agreement which provides that the developer will pay to Scottish Borders Council the sum of £19,282 in respect of the local contributions for the two plots. It is a condition of sale that the successful purchaser(s) will be liable for these costs. A copy of the Section 75 Agreement can be obtained using the online planning portal quoting the planning reference or via the Selling Agents.
There are power and water connections located adjacent to the site. A private sewage treatment package will be required, and the Purchaser of each plot will be responsible for the cost of installing all services.
The purchaser of each plot will be responsible for 100% of the cost of erecting and maintaining boundary fences excepting their mutual boundary fence whereby the cost will be split equally.
The site is currently accessed directly from the public road. The purchaser of each site will be responsible for 50% of the cost of any necessary upgrade works in connection with development of the site.
Scottish Borders Council, Newton St Boswells, Melrose, TD6 0SA. Tel: 0300 100 1800
METHOD OF SALE
The property is offered for sale with Vacant Possession by Private Treaty and with entry by arrangement between the parties. A closing date for offers may be fixed and all interested parties are advised to register their interest with the Selling Agents.
Strictly by appointment with the selling agents. Prospective purchasers view at their own risk and are required to exercise proper care.
RIGHTS, EAEMENTS & OUTGOINGS
The property is sold subject to and with the benefit of all rights of way whether public of private, and any existing or proposed wayleaves, easements, servitude rights, restrictions and burdens of whatever kind, whether referred to in these particulars or not. The Purchaser will be held to have satisfied themselves on all such matters.
A deposit of 10% of the purchase price will be payable on conclusion of missives. This will be non-refundable in the event of the transaction failing to reach completion for reasons not attributable to the vendors or their agents.
DATE OF ENTRY
By mutual agreement.
FBRSeed, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1. They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either in writing or by word of mouth. Any information given is entirely without responsibility on the part of the agents or the sellers. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive and it should not be assumed that the property remains as photographed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale, or entitle any party to compensation or recourse to action at law. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents, including for its current use. FBRSeed have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise and ought to seek their own professional advice.
3. All descriptions or references to condition are given in good faith only. Whilst every endeavour is made to ensure accuracy, please check with us on any points of especial importance to you, especially if intending to travel some distance. No responsibility can be accepted for expenses incurred in inspecting properties which have been sold or withdrawn.
4. Anti-Money Laundering Regulation. The purchaser will be required to provide proof of ID in order to comply with anti-money laundering regulation. These Particulars were produced March 2022.
Cothill Duns TD10 6YW