RESIDENTIAL PLOTS, KELSO, SCOTTISH BORDERS TD5 8BL Kelso 4.7 miles • Tweedbank 20 miles • Edinburgh 48 miles Two generous plots with planning permission in principle and with fine, open views in a wonderful setting close to the popular market town of Kelso. The plots are serviced and benefit from payment of developer’s contributions providing a huge cost saving and a great start for the development. (PLOT 1 UNDER OFFER / PLOT 2 SOLD)
• Accessible rural location in a popular part of the Scottish Borders.
• 20 miles from the Tweedbank Railway Station and within commuting distance of Edinburgh.
• Lovely outlook across surrounding farmland towards the Cheviot Hills.
• Planning permission in principle for 2 dwellings.
• Planning Ref: 18/00850/PPP
For Sale as a Whole or As Two Separate Lots
• Lot 1 – Plot 1: 0.42 acres or thereby. Offers over £140,000
• Lot 2 - Plot 2: 0.44 acres or thereby. Offers over £140,000 (SOLD)
The plots occupy an elevated position just 4.7 miles to the south of the market town of Kelso. This location is ideal for those wishing to live in the countryside yet close to amenities. Kelso is arguably the most attractive of the Borders towns and is a sought after location. Kelso is noted particularly for its traditional Market Square and for the remains of one of the great Border Abbeys. The town provides a good shopping centre together with an excellent range of social and sporting facilities including golf, tennis, swimming, curling, National Hunt racing and fishing. The town boasts a modern High School and two primary schools and is within easy reach of St. Mary’s School at Melrose and Longridge Towers near Berwick upon Tweed. Tweedbank railway station is just 20 miles distant and provides a regular train service to Edinburgh which is located within commuting distance approximately 48 miles to the north.
Two generous, serviced plots of just under half an acre each offering an exceptional and rarely available opportunity to build two detached family homes in a desirable countryside location. The plots benefit from excellent views to the south across surrounding farmland toward the Cheviot Hills. • Plot 1: 0.42 acres or thereby. • Plot 2: 0.44 acres or thereby.
Planning permission for the erection of two dwelling houses has been granted subject to conditions with full details available from the Scottish Borders website quoting planning reference number 18/00850/PPP or by emailing the Selling Agent to request a copy. All developer contributions have been paid under a Section 69 Agreement which provides a considerable cost saving to the purchaser.
The site has power, water and drainage available on site. The power and water supplies are both mains Services whilst the foul drainage will be to a shared septic tank. Future maintenance and repair of the service infrastructure will be on a user basis.
Scottish Borders Council, Council Headquarters, Newtown St Boswells, TD6 0SA. Tel: 01835 824000. Roads: Scottish Borders Council Roads Department, Council Headquarters, Newtown St Boswells, TD6 0SA. Tel: 01835 824000. Servicing: Scottish Environmental Protection Agency (SEPA), Burnbrae, Mossilee Road, Galashiels, TD1 1NF Tel: 01896 754797. Scottish Power: Riccarton Mains Road, Currie, Edinburgh, EH14 5AA.
Strictly by appointment with the selling agents. Please note that there are horses grazing in the field and access should not be taken to the field unaccompanied.
RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILIES
There will be several shared rights and responsibilities which will be agreed at the point of sale, but which may include:
• A share in the cost of erecting and maintaining mutual boundary fences.
• A share in the cost of maintenance and repair of service infrastructure.
Formal offers, in the acceptable Scottish form should be submitted, along with the relevant money laundering paperwork in accordance with The Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing and Transfer of Funds (Information on the Payer) Regulations 2017, through a Scottish Solicitor, to the Selling Agent.
Third Party Rights and Servitudes The subjects are sold together with and subject to all existing rights of way, servitudes, wayleaves and others, whether contained in the Title Deeds or otherwise, and purchasers will be deemed to have satisfied themselves in all respects thereof.
PARTICULARS AND MISREPRESENTATION
These particulars are produced for the guidance of prospective purchasers and although they are intended to give a fair description of the property they do not constitute or form any part of an offer or contract. Intending purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise. Any measurements or distances referred to should be considered as approximate. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting a property that has been sold or withdrawn. These particulars were produced in November 2020.
FBR Seed Ltd, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
• They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either in writing or by word of mouth. Any information given is entirely without responsibility on the part of the agents or the sellers. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
• Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive and it should not be assumed that the property remains as photographed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale, or entitle any party to compensation or recourse to action at law. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents, including for its current use. FBR have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise and ought to seek their own professional advice.
• All descriptions or references to condition are given in good faith only. Whilst every endeavour is made to ensure accuracy, please check with us on any points of especial importance to you, especially if intending to travel some distance. No responsibility can be accepted for expenses incurred in inspecting properties which have been sold or withdrawn.
• Anti-Money Laundering Regulation. The purchaser will be required to provide proof of ID in order to comply with anti-money laundering regulation.
Residential Plots, Greenhead,
Lurdenlaw, Kelso TD5 8BL