Based in Kelso, FBR Seed are looking to recruit two full time, permanent surveyors – one newly qualified (MRICS or FAAV) and a graduate who is making good progress with their APC and/or a probationary member of CAAV to assist their forward-thinking team of professionals in the Scottish Borders.
Two long established independent Scottish Border firms (FBR, Kelso and Seed & Co, Duns) merged in summer 2019 to form FBR Seed principally covering the South of Scotland and Scottish Borders with 25 personnel.
- A sound knowledge of the challenges facing the rural sector and new business opportunities.
- Proactive, driven, committed and efficient.
- Excellent interpersonal and client service skills.
- A logical and analytical approach.
- Ability to work on your own initiative.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Adaptability with a strong ‘can-do’ approach to a varied and interesting workload.
- Strong IT skills.
Full time, permanent.
The successful candidate will be assisting clients across a wide array of professional work including land and estate management; agri-environmental and forestry; planning and development; renewable energy; compulsory purchase; preparation, completion and submission of BPS applications and grant paperwork as well as valuations and property agency across a private client base in the rural, residential and commercial sectors.
Excellent opportunities for career progression and to be very much part of the future growth of the firm. We are committed to providing our staff with a friendly, constructive working environment.
Competitive and commensurate with experience.
Applications with CV to Debbie Edmondson, FBR Seed, Cothill, Duns, Berwickshire, TD10 6YW.
We are looking for an energetic, enthusiastic person with excellent communication skills, an organised approach to their work and the ability to adapt to a variety of tasks to join our expanding accounts team at Duns and Kelso. The successful applicant will play a key part within the finance team working within a fast-paced environment.
Duties to include
- Book-keeping for multiple clients.
- VAT returns including partial exemption.
- Bank reconciliations.
- Payroll Bureau (weekly, 2 weekly, 4 weekly and monthly).
- Good IT skills including Excel.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to work to timescales and deadlines.
- Ability to prioritise workloads.
The successful applicant will preferably have several years experience.
Full Time (permanent). Part time/flexible considered.
This is an excellent opportunity for a team player with the ability to work under their own initiative to join a professional and well-respected firm in the Scottish Borders.
Please apply in writing electronically with a copy of your CV or by post to David Nairn, FBR Seed, Abbey Row, Kelso, TD5 7JF.
INNOVATIVE, EFFECTIVE, EXPERIENCED
A wide range of expertise from a dedicated team
Our team of experienced professionals, book keepers and administrative staff offer an unrivalled service to support you, your business and your wider rural interests. Call us on 01573 224381 for a confidential discussion about your requirements.