PLOT 3 UNDER OFFER ~ PLOTS 1 & 2 AVAILABLE
Balrennie Farm, Edzell, Brechin, Angus, DD9 7QN
Edzell 1.5 miles • Brechin 5 miles • Aberdeen 40 miles • Dundee 32 miles
Just two plots remain within this exclusive countryside development of just three units located close to the popular village of Edzell in the heart of Angus. Each plot benefits from full planning permission for a detached family home with lovely open views and has the added bonus of the option to acquire a pony paddock in addition.
Available as individual plots or as a whole
Individual plots priced at offers over £90,000 each or the whole lot is offers over £270,000
•Accessible rural location in a sought-after part of Angus
•12 miles from Railway station at Laurencekirk and within commuting distance of both Dundee and Aberdeen
•Lovely outlook across surrounding farmland
•Planning Ref: 20/00741/MSC
•Paddock for each plot available by separate negotiation
The plots occupy a wonderful countryside location at Balrennie Farm just 1.5 miles to the south of the popular village of Edzell. This is an attractive and sought-after location, positioned at the foot of the Angus Glens and close to the Angus Coast just 9 miles to the east. Edzell offers local shopping including a butcher, post office, chemist, two coffee shops and a health centre together with a modern and recently extended primary school with a nursery. The Glenesk Hotel has a well-renowned 18-hole golf course, with a 9-hole course and a driving range. Edzell is conveniently located close to the A90 providing direct access by road to the larger Angus towns including Brechin, Forfar and the seaside town of Montrose which all have modern secondary schools and good leisure facilities. Edzell is within commuting distance of Aberdeen to the north and Dundee and Perth to the south. The nearest railway station is just 12 miles distant at Laurencekirk or 13 miles at Montrose. Private schooling is available in Aberdeen, Dundee and Lathallan at Johnshaven. The surrounding area is well known for its wide range of outdoor pursuits with the Angus Glens offering some of the finest hillwalking, in eastern Scotland. There is salmon fishing on the nearby River Esk and many local shooting and stalking opportunities. Equestrian facilities can be found at Brechin Castle Equestrian, Brechin and Pathhead Riding School, Kirriemuir. The Angus coastline is incredibly scenic with popular beaches at Lunan Bay and St. Cyrus. This is a wonderful part of Scotland and offers the potential for a first-class quality of life.
These two generous plots are located on the site of a former farm steading adjacent to Balrennie Farmhouse. Plot 3 has now been sold. Plots 1 and 2 remain available and each offer the opportunity to build a detached 1 ½ storey family home in a desirable countryside location.
Plot 1 – 1020 sq.m (0.25 acres) or thereby.
Plot 2 – 805 sq.m (0.20 acres) or thereby.
The plots are easily accessed from a short stretch of private road taken from the Inchbare to Tiggerton road. This is a quiet yet accessible setting and the ideal location for country life. The houses have been well designed by local architects AB Roger & Young and each incorporates a well thought out layout for modern family living with flow, space and light at the heart of the design and with the following accommodation:
Ground Floor Accommodation: Entrance Hall, WC, Utility, Lounge, Family Kitchen, Garage.
First Floor Accommodation: Hall, Bathroom, Master Bedroom with en-suite, 2 further bedrooms.
Approximate floor area: 232 sq.m approx.
Ground Floor Accommodation: Entrance Hall, WC, Utility, Lounge, Family Kitchen, Garage.
First Floor Accommodation: Hall, Bathroom, Master Bedroom with en-suite, Bedroom 2 with en-suite, Bedroom 3.
Approximate floor area: 215 sq.m approx.
The purchaser of each plot has the option to acquire an additional area of pony paddock land by separate negotiation with the Seller. Further details are available from the Selling Agents although the sale plan included within this brochure provides an outline of the areas that could be available:
Plot 1 paddock (shaded yellow) – 0.76 hectares (1.89 acres)
Plot 2 paddock (shaded red) – 1.16 hectares (2.88 acres)
Planning permission for the erection of the three dwelling houses has been granted subject to conditions with full details available from the Angus Council website quoting planning reference numbers 18/00177/PPP and 20/00741/MSC or by emailing the Selling Agent to request a copy.
The site has existing service connections for power and water available on site. The power and water supplies are both mains service connections. The foul drainage will be to a shared septic tank which will be installed by the Vendor within 6 months of completion of sale. Future maintenance and repair of the service infrastructure will be on a user basis.
Orchardbank Business Park
RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILIES
There will be several shared rights and responsibilities which will be agreed at the point of sale, but which may include:
- A share in the cost of erecting and maintaining mutual boundary fences.
- A share in the cost of maintenance and repair of service infrastructure.
- The purchaser(s) will be obliged not to alter the current planning permission Refs: 18/00177/PPP & 20/00741/MSC and to comply with the conditions contained therein.
- The Vendor will undertake to level the existing buildings and clear the site within three months of completion of the first plot sale.
- The Vendor will undertake to install a septic tank for the three proposed houses and Balrennie Farmhouse within 6 months of completion of sale. Thereafter maintenance costs will be shared on a user basis.
- The future repair and maintenance of the private access road will be shared on a user basis.
- The future use of the houses will be restricted to residential purposes only.
- Should the Purchaser of either plot wish to acquire the additional paddock land it should be noted that the Purchaser will be liable for the cost of erecting boundary fencing and that the land use will be restricted grazing of livestock only. Full rights of access and egress will be provided to the fields along with the right to install a water supply at the sole expense of the Purchaser.
Plans, Areas and Schedules
These are based on the Ordnance Survey and are for reference only. They have been carefully checked and computed by the selling agents and the purchaser shall be deemed to have satisfied himself as to the description of the property and any error or mis-statement shall not annul the sale nor entitle either party to compensation in respect thereof.
Strictly by appointment with the Selling Agents.
Health & Safety
For your own personal safety please be aware of potential hazards within the properties when viewing.
Date of Entry
By mutual agreement.
A closing date may be fixed. Prospective purchasers who have notified their interest through solicitors to the selling agents, in writing, will be advised of any closing date, unless the property has been sold previously. The seller is not bound to accept the highest or any offer, or to go to a closing date.
Formal offers, in the acceptable Scottish form should be submitted, along with the relevant money laundering paperwork in accordance with The Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing and Transfer of Funds (Information on the Payer) Regulations 2017, through a Scottish Solicitor, to the Selling Agent. Third Party Rights and Servitudes The subjects are sold together with and subject to all existing rights of way, servitudes, wayleaves and others, whether contained in the Title Deeds or otherwise, and purchasers will be deemed to have satisfied themselves in all respects thereof.
PARTICULARS AND MISREPRESENTATION
These particulars are produced for the guidance of prospective purchasers and although they are intended to give a fair description of the property they do not constitute or form any part of an offer or contract. Intending purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise. Any measurements or distances referred to should be considered as approximate. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting a property that has been sold or withdrawn.
FBRSeed, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1. They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either in writing or by word of mouth. Any information given is entirely without responsibility on the part of the agents or the sellers. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive and it should not be assumed that the property remains as photographed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale, or entitle any party to compensation or recourse to action at law. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents, including for its current use. FBR have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise and ought to seek their own professional advice.
3. All descriptions or references to condition are given in good faith only. Whilst every endeavour is made to ensure accuracy, please check with us on any points of especial importance to you, especially if intending to travel some distance. No responsibility can be accepted for expenses incurred in inspecting properties which have been sold or withdrawn.
4. Anti-Money Laundering Regulation. The purchaser will be required to provide proof of ID in order to comply with anti-money laundering regulation. These particulars were prepared in May 2023
Edzell Brechin DD9 7QN