AVAILABLE AS FOUR INDIVIDUAL PLOTS OR AS A WHOLE
Plot 3 – offers over £150,000 - RESERVED
Plot 4 – offers over £125,000
Plot 5 – offers over £130,000 - RESERVED
Plot 6 – offers over £150,000 - RESERVEDAs a Whole – offers over £555,000
Earlston 3 miles, Lauder 5 miles, Melrose 9 miles, Galashiels 13 miles, Edinburgh 37 miles
An exclusive countryside development site with planning permission for development of just six detached homes all with good-sized plots and located close to the popular towns of Earlston and Lauder. Four plots are now available and with service connections located at the edge of each site, these plots are ideal for a self-builder or equally as a development opportunity where completed houses could be sold off plan.
• Accessible rural location in a sought-after part of Scottish Borders
• 9.6 miles away from the Railway station at Tweedbank and within commuting distance of Edinburgh
• Lovely outlook across surrounding farmland
• Planning reference: 10/01581/FUL
For those with satellite navigation the postcode for the property is TD4 6AR. For those using the What3words App the reference is stem.snail.stiffly. Coming from Edinburgh take the A68 South, passing through Pathhead, and Lauder. Approximately five miles from Lauder you will cross over the River Leader. Take the next left turn signed Birkenside/Legerwood. Follow the road round and before you bear left at the Toll Cottage, follow on for another 160m before turning right, pass Birkenside Farm and after another 170m the site is located on the right hand side. as the old A68. Coming from the South take the A68 North and after approximately three miles after Earlston turn right signed Birkenside/Legerwood and follow the above directions.
Birkenside is a wonderful semi-rural location which lies three miles north of Earlston and five miles south of the historic town of Lauder. Earlston has a wide range of amenities which include a Co-op supermarket with petrol station, a selection of shops, pubs, and hotels. Melrose, is one of the Borders most popular towns and is only nine miles away and also provides a larger selection of shops, hotels and eateries plus access to the Borders General Hospital. For a wider selection of amenities, Galashiels is just 13 miles away and provides fantastic sporting and leisure facilities as well as a range of High Street shops, Cinema and variety of restaurants. Excellent primary and secondary schooling is available in Earlston, with the high school, being well renowned for ranking highly throughout Scottish state schools. There is also private schooling at St. Mary’s Prep School for ages 3-13 in Melrose.
The property is well placed for commuting to Edinburgh and most Border towns with direct access to the A68, which runs to Edinburgh in the North and Newcastle in the South. The Borders Railway running from Tweedbank to Edinburgh lies 9.6 miles away with a further station in Galashiels at the Transport Interchange. Edinburgh and Newcastle airports - both international, offer an excellent choice of destinations and are 37 miles and 69 miles away respectively.
More generally the Borders is a fantastic place to live if you enjoy outdoor sports as the region is well known for its excellent walking and cycling routes, first-class shooting and fishing opportunities as well as boasting some of the best golf courses in Scotland including courses at each of Lauder, Melrose and Kelso. The Roxburghe Championship course is near Kelso.
Other nearby Borders attractions include Scotts View, Melrose Abbey, Thirlestane Castle, Mellerstain House, Floors Castle (the home of the Duke of Roxburgh), Bowhill (the family home of the Duke of Buccleuch), Traquair House and Manderston House (with its impressive silver plated staircase).
The plots form part of an exclusive small residential development with each plot benefiting from some excellent outlooks over the surrounding countryside. This is a quiet yet accessible setting and the ideal location for countryside living. With plot 1 already developed the five remaining plots offer an exceptional and rarely available opportunity to build an exclusive detached family home in a desirable countryside location: The plots are set around a central access road which has already been constructed and have the following areas:
Plot 3 - 0.79 acres/3,206 sq.m
Plot 4 - 0.28 acres/1,134 sq.m
Plot 5 - 0.39 acres/1,589 sq.m
Plot 6 - 1.21acres/4,880 sq.m
As a whole – 2.67 Acres/10,809 sq.m
Each plot has planning permission for a single dwelling house with associated works and landscaping. Further details on the planning permission can be seen on Scottish Borders Council’s planning website. The planning reference is 10/01581/FUL. It is noted that any Section 75 contributions will be met by the developer.
Mains electric and water connections are provided to the already installed tarmacadam covered driveway leading to each plot as is a connection to the private sewage treatment package which is shared between the plots.
Scottish Borders Council, Council Headquarters, Newtown St Boswells, TD6 0SA. Tel: 01835 824000.
RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
There will be several shared rights and responsibilities which will be agreed at the point of sale, but which may include:
• A share in the cost of erecting and maintaining mutual boundary fences.
• A share in the cost of maintenance and repair of service infrastructure.
• The future repair and maintenance of the private access road will be shared on a user basis.
PLANS, AREAS AND SCHEDULES
These are based on the Ordnance Survey and are for reference only. They have been carefully checked and computed by the selling agents and the purchaser shall be deemed to have satisfied himself as to the description of the property and any error or mis-statement shall not annul the sale nor entitle either party to compensation in respect thereof.
Strictly by appointment with the Selling Agents.
HEALTH & SAFETY
For your own personal safety please be aware of potential hazards within the property when viewing.
DATE OF ENTRY
By mutual agreement.
A closing date may be fixed. Prospective purchasers who have notified their interest through solicitors to the selling agents, in writing, will be advised of any closing date, unless the property has been sold previously. The seller is not bound to accept the highest or any offer, or to go to a closing date.
Formal offers, in the acceptable Scottish form should be submitted, along with the relevant money laundering paperwork in accordance with The Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing and Transfer of Funds (Information on the Payer) Regulations 2017, through a Scottish Solicitor, to the Selling Agent. Third Party Rights and Servitudes The subjects are sold together with and subject to all existing rights of way, servitudes, wayleaves and others, whether contained in the Title Deeds or otherwise, and purchasers will be deemed to have satisfied themselves in all respects thereof.
PARTICULARS AND MISREPRESENTATION
These particulars are produced for the guidance of prospective purchasers and although they are intended to give a fair description of the property they do not constitute or form any part of an offer or contract. Intending purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise. Any measurements or distances referred to should be considered as approximate. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting a property that has been sold or withdrawn. These particulars were prepared in October 2022.
FBRSeed, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1. They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either in writing or by word of mouth. Any information given is entirely without responsibility on the part of the agents or the sellers. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive and it should not be assumed that the property remains as photographed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale, or entitle any party to compensation or recourse to action at law. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents, including for its current use. FBR have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise and ought to seek their own professional advice.
3. All descriptions or references to condition are given in good faith only. Whilst every endeavour is made to ensure accuracy, please check with us on any points of special importance to you, especially if intending to travel some distance. No responsibility can be accepted for expenses incurred in inspecting properties which have been sold or withdrawn. 4. Anti-Money Laundering Regulation. The purchaser will be required to provide proof of ID in order to comply with anti-money laundering regulation
Birkenside Farm Earlston