RESIDENTIAL PLOTS, KELSO, SCOTTISH BORDERS, TD5 8NR PLOT 1 AVAILABLE/ PLOT 2 SOLD Kelso 6.5 miles • St.Boswells 6 miles • Tweedbank 12 miles • Edinburgh 45 miles A pair of serviced residential plots in a tremendous rural location with scope to create two wonderful family homes.
• Accessible rural location in a popular part of the Scottish Borders.
• Within comfortable reach of Kelso, St.Boswells and Melrose.
• Just 12 miles from the Tweedbank Railway Station and within commuting distance of Edinburgh.
• Lovely outlook across surrounding farmland towards the Cheviot Hills.
• Planning permission in principle for 2 dwellings.
• Planning Ref: 19/00036/PPP.
• Plot 1: 0.33 acres (1348sq.m) or thereby (offers over £85000).
• Plot 2: 0.35 acres (1419 sq.m) or thereby (offers over £85000).
Burnside has an accessible rural location almost equidistant between Kelso and St.Boswells in the heart of the Scottish Borders. St. Boswells just 6 miles to the west is an attractive village with a lovely community and a range of local amenities including a well renowned public house and restaurant. A wider range of amenities is found in Kelso, which sits at the confluence of the River Tweed and which is arguably the most attractive of the Borders towns. Kelso is noted particularly for its traditional Market Square and for the remains of one of the great Border Abbeys. The town provides a good shopping centre together with an excellent range of social and sporting facilities including golf, tennis, swimming, curling, National Hunt racing and fishing. The town boasts a modern High School and two primary schools and is within easy reach of St. Mary’s School at Melrose and Longridge Towers near Berwick upon Tweed.
Plots in this location rarely become available providing the purchaser(s) with a wonderful opportunity to build a detached home to their exacting specification. The plots are both a good size providing plenty room for a garden, garage, and vehicle parking. Both plots benefit from excellent views to the south across surrounding farmland toward the Cheviot Hills.
• Plot 1: 0.33 acres (1348sq.m) or thereby (offers over £85000).
• Plot 2: 0.35 acres (1419 sq.m) or thereby (offers over £85000). SOLD
Planning permission for the erection of two dwellinghouses has been granted subject to conditions including the requirement for installation of a single passing place per unit. It is noted that the Vendor will undertake to install a passing place for each property within three months of each plot sale. The planning reference is 19/00036/PPP. Copies of the planning permission and associated documents can be obtained through the Scottish Borders Council website using the planning reference quoted within these particulars.
SECTION 75 AGREEMENT
The Purchaser of each plot will be responsible for paying all location contributions in respect of affordable housing and education. Further details are within the Section 75 Agreement which can be found using the planning portal or by emailing the Selling Agent to request a copy.
The Vendor will undertake to bring to the edge of each site water, power and foul drainage services within six months of the first plot sale. The Purchaser of each plot will then be responsible for connection and for the future maintenance and repair of the service infrastructure on a user basis. The Purchaser will be liable for the cost of installing a water meter for each property and for the cost of all water consumed along with a share of the standing charge. Further details to be obtained from the Selling Agent.
Scottish Borders Council, Council Headquarters, Newtown St Boswells, TD6 0SA.
Roads: Scottish Borders Council Roads Department, Council Headquarters, Newtown St Boswells, TD6 0SA.
Servicing: Scottish Environmental Protection Agency (SEPA), Burnbrae, Mossilee Road, Galashiels, TD1 1NF.
Scottish Power: Riccarton Mains Road, Currie, Edinburgh, EH14 5AA.
Strictly by appointment with the selling agents. Please note that Burnside is a working Farm.
RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
There will be several shared rights and responsibilities which will be agreed at the point of sale, but which may include:
• A share in the cost of maintenance of the access road on a user basis.
• A share in the cost of erecting and maintaining mutual boundary fences.
• A share in the cost of maintenance and repair of service infrastructure.
Formal offers, in the acceptable Scottish form should be submitted, along with the relevant money laundering paperwork in accordance with The Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing and Transfer of Funds (Information on the Payer) Regulations 2017, through a Scottish Solicitor, to the Selling Agent.
THIRD PARTY RIGHTS AND SERVITUDES
The subjects are sold together with and subject to all existing rights of way, servitudes, wayleaves and others, whether contained in the Title Deeds or otherwise, and purchasers will be deemed to have satisfied themselves in all respects thereof.
PARTICULARS AND MISREPRESENTATION
These particulars are produced for the guidance of prospective purchasers and although they are intended to give a fair description of the property they do not constitute or form any part of an offer or contract. Intending purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise. Any measurements or distances referred to should be considered as approximate. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting a property that has been sold or withdrawn.
These particulars were produced in November 2020.
FBR Seed Ltd, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
• They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either in writing or by word of mouth. Any information given is entirely without responsibility on the part of the agents or the sellers. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
• Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive and it should not be assumed that the property remains as photographed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale, or entitle any party to compensation or recourse to action at law. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents, including for its current use. FBR have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise and ought to seek their own professional advice.
• All descriptions or references to condition are given in good faith only. Whilst every endeavour is made to ensure accuracy, please check with us on any points of especial importance to you, especially if intending to travel some distance. No responsibility can be accepted for expenses incurred in inspecting properties which have been sold or withdrawn.
• Anti-Money Laundering Regulation. The purchaser will be required to provide proof of ID in order to comply with anti-money laundering regulation.
Kelso, TD5 8NR