St Boswells 4 miles, Kelso 7 miles, Tweedbank Railway Station 10 miles, Edinburgh 43 miles (distances approximate)
Two well sized plots in a lovely rural location close to the popular Borders towns of Kelso and St Boswells, with planning permission in principle to create two wonderful family homes.
• Fantastic views across farmland towards the Eildon Hills.
• Accessible Rural location in a popular part of the Scottish Borders.
• 10 miles from Tweedbank Railway Station and within commuting distance of Edinburgh.
• Planning Ref: 22/00546/PPP
For Sale as a Whole or as Two Separate Lots
Lot 1 - Plot 1: 0.22 acres (891m²) or thereby - Offers over £90,000
Lot 2 - Plot 2: 0.20 acres (818m²) or thereby - Offers over £90,000
Rutherford has an accessible rural location in the heart of the Scottish Borders. The attractive village of St. Boswells is just 4 miles to the west with a lovely community and a range of local amenities including a well renowned public house and restaurant. A wider range of amenities is found in Kelso, which sits on the banks of the River Tweed and which is arguably the most attractive of the Borders towns. Kelso is noted particularly for its traditional Market Square and for the remains of one of the great Border Abbeys. The town provides an excellent range of social and sporting facilities including golf, tennis, swimming, curling, National Hunt racing and fishing. The town boasts a modern High School and two primary schools.
Planning permission for the erection of two dwellinghouses has been granted subject to conditions. The planning reference is 22/00546/PPP. Copies of the planning permission and associated documents can be obtained through the Scottish Borders Council website using the planning refence quoted within these particulars.
SECTION 75 AGREEMENT
The Purchaser of each plot will be responsible for paying all location contributions in respect of affordable housing and education. Further details are within the Section 75 Agreement which can be found using the planning portal or by emailing the Selling Agent to request a copy.
The purchaser of each plot will be responsible for the cost of installation of all service infrastructure and thereafter all maintenance and repair costs. Power and water supplies are understood to be located close by whilst drainage will require installation of a new septic tank system. Further details to be obtained from the Selling Agent.
Planning: Scottish Borders Council, Council Headquarters, Newtown St Boswells, TD6 0SA. Tel: 01835 824000.
Roads: Scottish Borders Council Roads Department, Council Headquarters, Newtown St Boswells, TD6 0SA. Tel: 01835 824000.
Servicing: Scottish Environmental Protection Agency (SEPA), Burnbrae, Mossilee Road, Galashiels, TD1 1NF Tel: 01896 754797.
Strictly by appointment with the selling agents.
RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILIES
There will be several shared rights and responsibilities which will be agreed at the point of sale, but which may include:
• A share in the cost of maintenance of the access road on a user basis.
• A share in the cost of erecting and maintaining mutual boundary fences.
• A share in the cost of installation, maintenance and repair of service infrastructure.
If you wish to make an offer for this property or would like us to inform you of a closing date for offers, it is important that you notify us in writing of your interest. Offers should be made in Scottish Legal form and addressed to the Selling Agents. The Seller shall not be bound to accept the highest or indeed any offer. The Selling Agents reserve the right to sell the property without setting a closing date and do not bind themselves to accept the highest of any offer.
THIRD PARTY RIGHTS AND SERVITUDES
The subjects are sold together with and subject to all existing rights of way, servitudes, wayleaves and others, whether contained in the Title Deeds or otherwise, and purchasers will be deemed to have satisfied themselves in all respects thereof.
PARTICULARS AND MISREPRESENTATION
These particulars are produced for the guidance of prospective purchasers and although they are intended to give a fair description of the property they do not constitute or form any part of an offer or contract. Intending purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise. Any measurements or distances referred to should be considered as approximate. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting a property that has been sold or withdrawn. These particulars were produced in August 2023.
FBRSeed, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1. They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either in writing or by word of mouth. Any information given is entirely without responsibility on the part of the agents or the sellers. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive and it should not be assumed that the property remains as photographed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale, or entitle any party to compensation or recourse to action at law. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents, including for its current use. FBRSeed have not tested any services, equipment, or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise and ought to seek their own professional advice.
3. All descriptions or references to condition are given in good faith only. Whilst every endeavour is made to ensure accuracy, please check with us on any points of especial importance to you, especially if intending to travel some distance. No responsibility can be accepted for expenses incurred in inspecting properties which have been sold or withdrawn.
4. Anti-Money Laundering Regulation. The purchaser will be required to provide proof of ID to comply with anti-money laundering regulation.
Rutherford TD5 8NP