Holmwood offers a fantastic opportunity to acquire a spacious detached cottage on the outskirts of the Borders town of Duns. Set in its own generous plot with a private driveway, it offers the new owner superb privacy and fantastic scope for extension (subject to planning permissions) if desired.
Duns Town Centre 0.7 miles, Berwick-upon-Tweed 16 miles, Edinburgh 44 miles (Distances approx.)
• Convenient location within walking distance to Town Centre, Schools & Swimming Pool
• South-facing views
• Private grounds with mature trees
Council Tax Band: E
EPC Band: D
OFFERS OVER £290,000
Holmwood sits on the outskirts of Duns, set back from the main road with its own private gravel drive it offers the convenience of town living whilst occupying a secluded location. This charming cottage is in good order throughout but could now benefit from modernisation. The splendid studded timber entrance door coupled with the multi-pane windows really add to the traditional look and feel of this property. The large sitting room has superb southernly views over the school fields towards the Cheviot hills in the distance and has an electric fire whilst still retaining the original chimney that could be reinstated. There is a bright conservatory off the sitting room with a sliding door to a patio area. The kitchen offers a range of base and wall units and has space for a table and chairs. There is a handy utility room with a sink and access to the rear of the house. The bathroom consists of bath, walk-in shower, WC and wash basin. There are two double bedrooms on the ground floor with a further double bedroom upstairs where there is also room for a home study/dressing room. The grounds consist of mature woodland, shrubs and some lawned areas and provide many opportunities for the purchaser.
Ground floor - Porch, Hall, Kitchen, Utility Room, Sitting Room, Conservatory, Bathroom, 2 x Double Bedrooms
First floor - Double Bedroom with Study/Dressing area, Attic Storage
Centred around an attractive market square, the former market town of Duns enjoys an excellent range of shopping facilities and local services. Educational opportunities are well catered for by a state-of-the-art secondary school and newly refurbished primary school while the recently enhanced Volunteer Hall provides an excellent venue for many community activities. Local attractions include the newly extended and refurbished Jim Clark Motorsport Museum, housing over 100 trophies and memorabilia from the life of the world-famous racing driver. Pleasant walks can be found in the tranquil surroundings of Duns Castle Nature Reserve and more energetic activities are well provided for with a fine 18-hole golf course, swimming pool and tennis courts. More extensive shopping and recreational amenities can be found in the larger towns of Berwick-upon-Tweed which also has a mainline railway station (16 miles) and Kelso (17 miles).
Please use the postcode TD11 3NP or what3words ///firming.gadgets.flank
The property benefits from mains water, mains electricity, gas central heating, drainage is by shared septic tank located in neighbouring properties grounds. These services have not been tested and therefore there is no warranty from the agents.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS
The carpets and all other floor coverings will be included in the sale.
HOME REPORT AND EPC
Copies of the Single Survey are available upon request from the Selling Agents.
Is highly recommended and strictly by appointment with the Selling Agents.
SOLE SELLING AGENT
FBRSeed, Rose Lane, TD5 7AP. Tel: 01573 224381.
Scottish Borders Council
Council Headquarters, Newtown St. Boswells
Melrose TD6 OSA
Tel: 0300 100 1800
RIGHTS & EASEMENTS
The property is sold subject to and with the benefit of all rights of way, whether public or private, and any existing or proposed wayleaves, easements, servitude rights, restrictions and burdens of whatever kind, whether referred to in these particulars or not. The Purchasers will be held to have satisfied themselves on all such matters.
METHOD OF SALE
The property is offered for sale with Vacant Possession by Private Treaty and with entry by arrangement between the parties. A closing date for offers may be fixed and all interested parties are advised to register their interest with the Selling Agents.
If you wish to make an offer for this property or would like us to inform you of a closing date for offers, it is important that you notify us in writing of your interest. Offers should be made in Scottish Legal form and addressed to the Selling Agents. The Seller shall not be bound to accept the highest or indeed any offer.
DATE OF ENTRY
By mutual agreement.
GUIDE TO INTERESTED PARTIES
Whilst we use our best endeavours to make our sales details accurate and reliable, please contact us if there is any point, which you wish to clarify. We will be pleased to check this information for you, particularly if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property. These were prepared in April 2023.
HEALTH & SAFETY
For your own personal safety please be aware of potential hazards within the property when viewing.
FBRSeed their clients and any input agents give notice that:
1. They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either in writing or by word of mouth. Any information given is entirely without responsibility on the part of the agents or the sellers. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive and it should not be assumed that the property remains as photographed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale, or entitle any party to compensation or recourse to action at law. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents, including for its current use. FBR have not tested any services, equipment, or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise and ought to seek their own professional advice.
3. All descriptions or references to condition are given in good faith only. Whilst every endeavour is made to ensure accuracy, please check with us on any points of especial importance to you, especially if intending to travel some distance. No responsibility can be accepted for expenses incurred in inspecting properties which have been sold or withdrawn.
4. Anti-Money Laundering Regulation. The purchaser will be required to provide proof of ID to comply with anti-money laundering regulation.
Duns TD11 3NP