An exciting and rare opportunity to purchase a good-sized Grade 2 field well located on the edge of Bastle Dean near the village of Foulden. The field is currently sown to grass and benefits from a mains water supply.
• 0.82 Hectares (2.04 acres)
• Ideal for horse or stock grazing
• For sale as a whole
The field is located 0.9 miles to the southwest side of the picturesque village of Foulden in eastern Berwickshire, immediately to the south of the houses at Bastle Dean. This peaceful, rural location is easily accessible to many of the larger Border towns including Duns (10.5 miles), Kelso (22 miles) and to the south of the Border, Berwick upon Tweed (6 miles). The surrounding area is renowned for its good quality, productive land and high amenity. The main A1(T) and the east coast are approximately 5 miles to the east.
The sale provides a rare opportunity to purchase a well-shaped, permanent grass field which is positioned in an outer village location and is ideally suited to horse or stock grazing. The land lies between 58m and 64m above sea level and is classified as mainly Grade 2 by the National Scale of Land Capability for Agriculture. The field is currently laid out as a single enclosure but could easily be split with internal fences to create smaller paddocks if desired. The land slopes to the west and soils are of the Hobkirk Association and comprise of free draining brown soils. The land has until recently been used for stock grazing and benefits from good, relatively weed free cover. The field is bounded to the north by the residential houses at Bastle Dean, to the east by the unclassified road taken from the A6105 and on the other two sides by other agricultural land.
There are currently no buildings on the land but there is scope for erection of stables or other livestock buildings subject to obtaining the necessary planning consents.
The field extends to approximately 0.82 hectares (2.04 acres) in total.
The land benefits from a mains water supply with trough in the north west corner.
Access is currently taken via the neighbouring field to the south however a new access could possibly be created directly from the public road (subject to the purchaser obtaining all the necessary consents).
BASIC PAYMENT SCHEME
The land is sold exclusive of basic payment scheme entitlements.
The Contract of Sale will include provision for a 20-year clawback in favour of the Sellers or their nominees for 50% of the uplift in value of the land should planning permission be obtained for any non-agricultural or equestrian development. This sum will be secured by standard security in favour of the Sellers or their nominees. Further details are available on request from the Selling Agents.
The sporting rights are included in the sale in so far as they are owned.
The mineral rights are included in the sale in so far as they are owned.
There will be no ingoing valuation.
RIGHTS, EASEMENTS & OUTGOINGS
The property is sold subject to and with the benefit of all rights of way, whether public or private, and any existing or proposed wayleaves, easements, servitude rights, restrictions and burdens of whatever kind, whether referred to in these particulars or not.
METHOD OF SALE
The property is offered for sale with Vacant Possession by Private Treaty with Entry by arrangement between the parties. A closing date for offers may be fixed and interested parties are advised to register their interest with the Selling Agents. The Vendors shall not be bound to accept the highest or indeed any offer.
Offers in Scottish Legal Form should be submitted to the Selling Agents.
DATE OF ENTRY
By mutual agreement.
Strictly by appointment with the Selling Agents
Please be aware that there may be stock in the field and care should be always exercised to avoid entering the field if livestock are grazing.
MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS
The Purchase will be required to provide proof of identification to comply with Money Laundering Regulations in the form of a copy of the Purchaser's passport, together with a copy of a recent utility bill as proof of residence.
GUIDE TO INTERESTED PARTIES
Whilst we use our best endeavours to make our sales details accurate and reliable, please contact us if there is any point, which you wish to clarify. We will be pleased to check this information for you, particularly if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property. These were prepared in November 2023. Photography taken in January 2023.
FBRSeed, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1. They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either in writing or by word of mouth. Any information given is entirely without responsibility on the part of the agents or the sellers. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive and it should not be assumed that the property remains as photographed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale, or entitle any party to compensation or recourse to action at law. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents, including for its current use. FBR have not tested any services, equipment, or facilities. Purchasers must
satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise and ought to seek their own professional advice.
3. All descriptions or references to condition are given in good faith only. Whilst every endeavour is made to ensure accuracy, please check with us on any points of especial importance to you, especially if intending to travel some distance. No responsibility can be accepted for expenses incurred in inspecting properties which have been sold or withdrawn.
4. Anti-Money Laundering Regulation. The purchaser will be required to provide proof of ID to comply with antimoney laundering regulation.
Foulden Berwickshire TD15