An exciting opportunity to acquire a former farm cottage now in need of renovation located minutes from the town of Haddington in the East Lothian countryside. Benefitting from a peaceful, rural setting with views onto open farmland Colstoun Mains offers a superb prospect to create a truly special home.
Haddington 2.5 miles, Musselburgh 14 miles, Edinburgh 19 miles, (distances approximate)
• Renovation project with superb potential
• Rear garden with countryside views
• Off road parking
• Sought after rural location
Council Tax Band: D
EPC Band: G
These former farm cottages have been unoccupied for a number of years and are now in need of refurbishment. They are accessed via a private road off the B6369 to the south of Haddington and have off road parking to the front of the properties and southfacing gardens to the rear with views over open farmland. Demolition orders have been granted for the lean-to’s between the cottages to create detached homes if the purchaser desires. They occupy a peaceful rural setting within 3 miles of the A1 allowing easy commuting to Edinburgh.
No 1 Colstoun Mains Cottages, plot size 1,188m², cottage floor area 148m² stone & brick built end-terrace 3 bedroom cottage with slate roof. Accommodation compromises of: Kitchen, Bathroom, Sitting Room, Bedroom 1, Bedroom 2, Bedroom 3, Conservatory, Boot Room, Utility Room.
Council Tax Band - D, EPC - G
The historic market town of Haddington is situated in the heart of East Lothian on the banks of the River Tyne approximately 14 miles east of Edinburgh and is short distance from the beautiful beaches on the coast, the countryside and the A1 for easy commuting. Haddington offers plenty of independent shops, supermarkets, bars, and cafes as well as fantastic educational facilities for all ages and a fitness centre and swimming pool within the town centre. There are excellent sports clubs to join, such as Haddington Golf Club, Haddington Rugby Club and tennis and bowling clubs.
Please use the postcode EH41 4PB or what3words ///cubs.sleep.eating
The properties benefit from mains electricity and mains water. Drainage is by way of shared septic tank . These services have not been tested and therefore there is no warranty from the agents.
Demolition orders are in place for the connecting lean-to’s between the three cottages.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS
The carpets and all other floor coverings will be included in the sale.
HOME REPORT AND EPC
Copies of the Single Survey are available upon request from the Selling Agents.
Is highly recommended and strictly by appointment with the Selling Agents.
SOLE SELLING AGENT
FBRSeed, 48 High Street, Haddington,
EH41 3EF. Tel: 01620 824000
East Lothian Council
John Muir House, Brewery Park
Tel: 01620 827827
DATE OF ENTRY
By mutual agreement.
RIGHTS & EASEMENTS
The vendor shall retain the access track (hatched blue on the plan) each cottage shall receive access rights with a shared cost split with the vendor for maintenance. Access shall be granted as highlighted in yellow for construction access to allow extensions to take place as part of the sale to encourage purchasers – temporary access right for two years and subject to approval when access is required will be in place for Lot 1 and 3 – Lot 2 will be allowed access over the area for construction access indefinitely to prevent access rights over the adjacent cottages.
SHARED RIGHTS & RESPONSIBILITIES
Each property will be responsible for the erection and maintenance of boundary fences. Each property to be liable for a share of maintenance and replacement of the septic tank (once registered) and associated infrastructure. Any upgrades to the septic tank for additional capacity based on extensions to properties will be borne by that householder and a contribution made by the other two parties if they increase their own property size.
If you wish to make an offer for this property or would like us to inform you of a closing date for offers, it is important that you notify us in writing of your interest. Offers should be made in Scottish Legal form and addressed to the Selling Agents. The Seller shall not be bound to accept the highest or indeed any offer.
GUIDE TO INTERESTED PARTIES
Whilst we use our best endeavours to make our sales details accurate and reliable, please contact us if there is any point, which you wish to clarify. We will be pleased to check this information for you, particularly if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property. These were prepared in July 2023.
METHOD OF SALE
The property is offered for sale with Vacant Possession by Private Treaty and with entry by arrangement between the parties. A closing date for offers may be fixed and all interested parties are advised to register their interest with the Selling Agents.
HEALTH & SAFETY
For your own personal safety please be aware of potential hazards within the property when viewing.
FBRSeed, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1. They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either in writing or by word of mouth. Any information given is entirely without responsibility on the part of the agents or the sellers. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive and it should not be assumed that the property remains as photographed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale, or entitle any party to compensation or recourse to action at law. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents, including for its current use. FBRSeed have not tested any services, equipment, or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise and ought to seek their own professional advice.
3. All descriptions or references to condition are given in good faith only. Whilst every endeavor is made to ensure accuracy, please check with us on any points of especial importance to you, especially if intending to travel some distance. No responsibility can be accepted for expenses incurred in inspecting properties which have been sold or withdrawn.
4. Anti-Money Laundering Regulation. The purchaser will be required to provide proof of ID to comply with anti-money laundering regulation.
Haddington EH41 4PB